HYDROS Magnet Mount Temperature Sensor for The Hydros Aquarium Controller From CoralVue
The HYDROS Magnet Mount Temperature Sensor is an easy and affordable way to prevent your aquarium water from becoming too cold or too hot. It monitors the water temperature in your aquarium so you can keep it within the safe zone for fish, coral, and inverts. The sensor plugs into any Sense Port on a HYDROS device (like the Controller 2 or Controller 4) and does not require any additional power source.
- Protects your aquarium from unsafe water temperatures
- Can be used to shut off a heater, chiller, or fan when; your water temperature gets out of desired range
- Can be set up to send mobile alerts when your water temperature gets out of desired range
- No moving parts
- Magnetic attachment
- Ultra compact size
- Suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Uses a GX12 aviation-style connector so the HYDROS Controllers maintain their IP65-rating (dust-tight and protected from water spray at any angle).
- Powered, monitored, and controlled by plugging into a Sense Port on the HYDROS Controller 2, Controller 4, or Controller XS. No additional power cord is required.
- Manufactured by AutoAqua, creators of the Smart ATO Micro and an official HYDROS Technology Partner
The sensor is incredibly easy to use: simply place it inside your aquarium or sump mounted to any surface up to 1/2" thick. There is a magnetic coupling that will sit outside your tank or sump to keep the sensor securely in place. You can configure the HYDROS app so that if the water temperature is higher than 82°F or lower than 78°F (for example), it can send you a mobile alert to let you know. You can also set it up so that outlets that have a heater, chiller, or fan plugged into them turn off when the temperature is outside the safe zone. Your heating and cooling equipment must be plugged into a HYDROS power source, like the Power 4 Power Strip, or Smart Plug, for this sort of automation to occur.
The HYDROS Temperature Sensor contains no moving parts that can fail. It`s extremely small-- a little over 1/2" thick with the circumference of a US penny! The sensor is easy to place, easy to move, and easy to clean. It provides peace of mind that your aquarium water temperature will never drift outside of optimal range.